Sunday, October 21, 2018

Welcome to the Blog



Hi everyone,

My name is Claire and I am a 3rd year Geography student at UCL.

This term for our 'Water and Development' module we need to create a blog based around water and a related topic... My blog will focus on water and gender.

Water and gender are two topics that are incredibly intertwined - in this blog I will look into water being a gendered commodity.

Topics that will be covered are:


  • Water as a gendered commodity
  • Physical impact of water on women
  • Psychological and emotional impact of water collection on water 
  • Impact of water collection on the family
  • Water, gender and HIV/AIDS
  • Water, gender and sanitation. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Closing Thoughts

I have enjoyed learning about the water and gender issues in Africa and it would appear that there is much evidence now b...